As much as we love to use the many decal options available in Rocket League, sometimes the best thing to do is to create your own or use a custom one.
In this article, I’m going to explain how to do just that.
Just before we go any further I want to highlight that you will need to be on PC and take a bit of time to set things up with some third-party plugins. Because they’re not supported directly by Psyonix, it means that when Rocket League is updated then these plugins can sometimes be unavailable until they’re also updated.
In this guide, we’ll pull everything you need to get the GamersRdy (or custom) decal in Rocket League.
What you’ll need:
- Rocket League on PC (Steam or Epic Games)
- BakkesMod: https://bakkesmod.com/
- Alpha Console Plugin: https://bakkesplugins.com/plugins/view/108
- The GamersRdy Decal: Download link from Google Drive
How to install BakkesMod on PC:
BakkesMod is basically a tool that allows you to customise and change default behaviour in Rocket League, from changing how the ball moves in Free Play or being able to see MMR directly in a ranked match.
The tools they have created go far beyond just customising decals but for the sake of this guide we’ll keep it simple.
Here’s how you should install BakkesMod
- Go to website
- Download the plugin
- Install the plugin
- Start Rocket League
- Hit F2 to load the plugin
Installing and Using AlphaConsole
Now we have BakkesMod installed, we can basically forget about it and sort out AlphaConsole. This is the tool which allows us to change the decals of any car.
How to Install decals with Alpha Console:
- Open Rocket League
- Open BakkesMod
- Go to “File”, then click on “Open BakkesMod folder”
- Go to Data > acplugin > DecalTextures
- This is where you need to extract the zip file (GamersRdy decal zip one for example)
- Open Rocket League
- Open up Alpha Console by pressing F5
- Pick the Decal from the dropdown in Alpha Console or go to your items and find it in your inventory
You can also watch the whole process for Epic Games in this video by Hazza:
Link to download GR Decal: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bZjJl7q8PrvMjBnCPDZb21f9xwmd4Kf/view?usp=sharing
It’s a ton of fun designing your own decals if you have some photo editing software.
If you want to share your screenshots or designs feel free to join us on Discord too!