Tunneling is one of the most useful skills to learn in Fortnite.
In this article, we will be going over what is known as the Standard Tunnel in Fortnite building. I hope you find it helpful!
If you’re looking to go deeper into improving at Fortnite check out our coaches and courses
What You Should Know
There are a few skills you need to have mastered before attempting the Standard Tunnel build in Fortnite:
- How to turbo build
- How to place floors and walls while moving forwards
Step by Step
Here’s how you go about building the Standard Tunnel:
- Place a floor at your feet and above you
- Then build a wall on your left side and right side
Even though it may sound simple, the placement timing on this one gets a bit tricky.
The first step of turbo building the two floors is simple enough. It’s the wall placement that messes a lot of people up. If you try holding down RT/R2 to turbo build the side walls, you’re gonna also end up placing a wall in front of you which is going to really mess things up. To prevent that from happening, you need to individually tap build the wall on your left and wall on your right.
Pro Tip: Again, make sure to get far enough in the video below to see this technique slowed down.
Here’s what it looks like in practice:
This tunneling method protects you from your left, right and above. One of the benefits is that you’re looking forward the entire time so you’ll have a much better idea of what’s going on around you.
Why It Matters
There are a few benefits to this tunnel:
- The Standard Tunnel is great because it protects you from your left, right and top
- It’s also great because you’re always looking forward while building which helps you stay in tune with what’s going on around you
Here are the things you should look out for when tunneling:
- It’s easy to mess up the walls and accidentally build a wall in front of you
- Make sure NOT to turbo build the walls. Rather press the build buttons individually.
Looking for a more personalized aim tutorial? We’d be happy to link you up with a professional GamersRdy coach who will help you instantly improve your Fortnite aim!